Syllabus for Economics C: Thesis Work
Nationalekonomi C: Examensarbete
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 15 credits
- Course code: 2NE770
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Established: 2007-01-24
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Social Sciences
- Revised: 2015-12-10
- Revised by: The Department Board
- Applies from: Spring 2016
At least 52.5 credits from Economics A and B and 15 credits in statistics.
- Responsible department: Department of Economics
After having completed the course, the student is expected to be able to:
- Identify and phrase a question relating to economics.
- Choose and motivate a scientific method in relation to the question of the thesis.
- Structure his or her work and make conclusions based on own work and previous research.
- Apply basic economic theories on economic issues.
- Write a thesis in good Swedish or English.
- Orally and in writing evaluate other scientific works and come up with constructive points of view, as well as present his or her own work.
The teaching portion consists of a planning seminar at the beginning of the semester and of a concluding series of seminars. Participation in these seminars is mandatory. Furthermore, a number of method seminars at the beginning of the semester, as well as individual supervision, are also included.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.