If you have a long-term disability that becomes an obstacle in your studies, you can receive support during your study time at the university. To receive targeted study support, you need a certificate issued by a licensed health care professional, speech therapist or equivalent. You apply for the support at the university's coordinator for students with disabilities.

What support can I get?

It depends on what obstacle your disability means for you in your studies. The support is planned and designed in consultation with you as a student.

Once you have received a certificate of targeted study support

If you have been granted targeted study support, a so-called Nais certificate, you should send it to studentadmin@nek.uu.se as soon as possible to ensure that you receive the support you need.

For example, you may need adjustments when writing the exam. E-mail your Nais certificate and contact studentadmin@nek.uu.se no later than 12 days before the exam, and we will book you in the university's examination room for students with special needs.

If you already have a decision on targeted study support, but need to renew your certificate, you can contact the coordinators at: riktatstod@uu.se.

Last modified: 2023-01-26