Application and admission PhD Programme in Economics
General admission requirements
To be admitted to the PhD programme, the applicant must have achieved a pass grade for courses equivalent to at least 240 ECTS (four years of full-time studies), including at least 60 ECTS (one-year of full-time studies) at an advanced level (Master’s level), or have obtained the equivalent knowledge in an alternative way either in Sweden or abroad.
Specific admission requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements, the applicant must also have at least 90 ECTS in economics (three semesters of studies) or have acquired the equivalent knowledge in an alternative way either in Sweden or abroad.
The admission requirements must have been fulfilled by the time of admission, although not necessarily at the time of the application. Applicants who expect to have fulfilled the general and specific requirements no later than by the beginning of August are welcome to apply.
Documents that must be included in an application:
1. Personal letter (max. two pages) in which you describe why you want to enroll in the PhD Programme in Economics at Uppsala University and where you state the fields within economics that are of primary interest to you.
2. Attested copies of all qualifications, including all completed academic courses and academic degrees.
3. Copies of essays that you have authored.
4. A CV.
5. Contact information for two academic references (address, email address and telephone number).
6. We strongly recommend that foreign applicants take the GRE test. Please upload a copy of your test score in your online application, and also ensure that the verified result of the test is sent directly to the department. GRE: school code 0247, dept. code 1801.
7. We strongly recommend that foreign applicants take the TOEFL test or the IELTS test. Please upload a copy of your test score in your online application, and also ensure that the verified result of the test is sent directly to the department. TOEFL: inst. code _7996